Since my wife and I have just moved (currently still in the process), I decided to gather a few helpful tips to help if you are also preparing for a big move.
- Start Early!
” The early bird gets the worm.” This is not the time to let your inner procrastinator surface, and if you don’t let that happen you’ll thank yourself for it later.
2. Organization Is Key
- Make sure everything has a spot. If it doesn’t then you DON’T NEED IT.
- Label EVERYTHING. This is will make packing and unpacking a breeze.
3. De-clutter BEFORE you pack
- Make two piles of all the items you intend to pack; one for donation and one to keep. (If you haven’t used it in the last 6 months, it’s time to get rid of it.)
- Don’t take things you don’t use or can easily be replaced.
- The trick is to have more “space” than stuff.
4. Pack an Overnight Bag
We all know how it goes, get everything all moved in and now your left with a mountain of boxes and jumbled furniture. which means you cant find anything right off hand.
Have an overnight bad packed with your essentials the night before the big day and you’ll be thanking yourself later when you don’t have to go on a treasure hunt to find a toothbrush when the day has come to an end. Save yourself the headache! 😉
5. Don’t Stress
This is supposed to be exciting, so have fun!