Lately I’ve been hooked on Pinterest, and came across home wine bottle cutting- then it clicked! A self watering vase, why had I never thought of this before?!?!
It’s extremely easy and quick to do. Just a few simple steps and BAM you’re all done.
1. Clean your bottle. (Seems like a no brainer but most people forget this step.)
2. Fill the sink with ice water.
3. Tie a cotton piece of yarn around the bottle 5-6 times.
4. Roll the string off of the bottle and soak it in acetone/nail polisher remove for about 10-20 seconds.
5. Slide it back on and set the string on fire. (Make sure to spin the bottle to get an even cut.)
6. Right before the fire goes out, completely submerge it into the icy water. (It should snap in half easily, if not… try the process over again. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get the bottle hot enough. DON’T GIVE UP!)
By now you should have two pieces of the bottle and now you’re ready for a fancy plant.